The brand new kit for su-35 will be arriving soon from KittyHawk. One of the first kits came into my hands and I present it to you.
Let me begin by saying a few words about the plane.
It is the evolution of the SU-27, with a basic visual difference in the lack of canards, a larger and different engine output and a state-of-the-art cockpit.
It’s a brand new mold.
It consists of 12 plastic gray sprews, 3 signal tabs and one photographed tab. The engraving and riveting of the model is seems almost like in real life, and is deep enough as shown in the photographs. Also the tires are extremely impressive and certainly will not require an aftermarket purchase.
It has 2 different styles for the cockpit, one with impressive lettering and one with decals. The kit has all the Russian armaments one could place on a plane.
- 2 x KAB-500KR smart bomb
- 2 x KAB-500SE/L smart bomb
- 2 x KH-29L/T Kedge Air-to-Surface missile
- 2 x R-73 Archer AtoA missile
- 2 x R-77 Adder AtoA Missile
- 2 x KAB-1500L/KR/SE laser Guided Bomb
- 2 x KH-31 Krypton Air-to-Surface missile
- 2 x KH-25-MT Karen Air-to-Surface missile
- 2 x R27ER/ET Alamo A-to-A missile
- 2 x R27-R/T Alamo A-to-A missile
- 2 x KH-58ME Kilter Anti-Radiation missile
- 4 x R-60 Aphid short-range A-to-A missile
Signs – Editions – Colors:
It has ? marks for 6 (!) Versions: 3 (Russian aviation) and 3 (Chinese Aviation).
- Russian Air Force Su-35S Red 05 – dark grey over light blue.
- Russian Air Force Su-35 Red 31 – mid, light and pale blue came over light blue, with dark grey on the leading edges of the elevators.
- Russian Air Force Su-35BM 902 – Light blue all over with dark blue and white splinter camo.
- Chinese Air Force Su-35 – light blue all over with mid and pale blue wavy-edged camo.
- Chinese Air Force Su-35 – dark grey over light blue, with Chinese flag on the fuselage sides.
- Chinese Air Force Su-35, Cang Zhou Flight Tes & Training Centre – dark grey over light blue, with Eagle wreath motif on the fuselage sides and tail fins.
Not only KittyHawk successfully competes with Kinetic Su-33, but I found it to be slightly superior. If the gluing process goes smoothly, then it will be one of the best kits for 2017. Certainly, the best Flanker on the market so far.
If the kit is available at a reasonable price, it will definitely be a worth-to-buy purchase.