Perhaps most people know that this is an excellent kit, released in 2000. Very easy to assemble, with very clear instructions, very good plastic quality and excellent decals. The only thing I added was the seat belts on the seat from Eduard.
The kit … (fig. 1) and some individual parts that were joined during the construction without any problems and with the use of minimal liquid putty … (fig.2).
I used Humbrol enamel paints to paint the camo. For the blue (intermediate blue) I mixed the colors with codes 144 and 89 in a ratio of about 50/50 and lightened with 89. The dark blue is 77 and lightened with 144 (fig. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). The white was first sprayed with Humbrol 34 and after 24 hours H1 acrylic by Gunze (fig. 8). After I let the colors to dry well for 24 hours, it was time to spray with acrylic glossy varnish to prepare the surfaces to receive the decals (figs. 9, 10).
The decals behaved perfectly and with the use of Mark Softer, they followed all the surface details of the model (figs. 11, 12).
For the final texture, dirt and aging of the model I used paynes gray and raw umber oil colors as a wash. The leaks were done with black oil colors and raw umber. The fumes of the exhausts are soot from the Tamiya Weathering Master pigments.
The total build took me 8 days. I hope you like it …
Build: George Sarris